Friday, 6 January 2012

Ripple Footstool Cover

Hello Everybody,


I was determined to have a 'Finished Object' Friday today, and here it is:



It's just a simple ?square of crochet to cover my Ikea footstool in the lounge. Do you remember that I said I'd bought a red rug for the lounge? Well, it's lovely but I don't really have a red colour scheme going on. My lounge is mainly black, grey and white but I had a few purple things dotted about, one of which was a purple granny blanket I'd crocheted for the footstool. However, it no longer matches the lounge so shall have to be repurposed. So, on a whim last week, I decided a new cover was in order. 



I used the Attic24 neat ripple blanket pattern. It's easy once you get into it and a good project to do in front of the TV as you don't really have to concentrate. I enjoyed it so much, that I think I'm going to embark on a big one for the sofa, but using slightly different shades and textures of red yarn. 




The yarn I used was mainly lying about in my stash, apart from the red acrylic (which isn't too nasty) that I picked up at the supermarket. From memory, the yarns I used were: (clockwise from top left) Red Heart DK (cheap stuff ?super saver), Adriafil Llama Bulky, Freedom Spirit, ? Wendy Mode Aran, Patons Pompero Aran.


If you want to see other people's finished objects this sunny(ish) Friday, then please visit the blog below:

Have yourselves a good weekend!


Thistle Girl x

6 comments:

  1. A nice way to soften and warm up a stark chair! I've bookmarked the pattern - I just love it every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've only swatched in ripple, someday I'll get to making a whole project in it...

    I adore this cover, the colours are just perfect and look fantastic with the wood of the footstool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous. I'd love to tackle some ripple crochet one day. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh, the only thing I can crochet to this day are flowers... But I alway admire crocheted throws so much. They're ust so... cosy! ^^

    yaga
    http://www.shinyubbles.org

    ReplyDelete